Once you have downloaded and installed the Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2012
, the software application will show you “Database Obsolete
” and you have to update your database either by online performing the update or update offline. Online update is very easy and you can just connect to the internet then click the “Run Update” on your application, Kaspersky will update the database, and you’re just waiting for it to finish. There can be a problem when your internet connections disconnects and your update is incomplete so you are unable to resume. To resolve this issue I have given below the steps how to make offline update on Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
. In this way, even if you cancel / pause the update process or your internet connection got broken during the update process is running, and if one day you want to continue it, you do not need to wait for the process to start from the beginning because it can be resumed.
Below are the steps to update Kaspersky offline
1. Download “KLUpdater.zip
” from http://support.kaspersky.com/updater?level=2
2. Then do extract the file. The file contains :
3. Double click on the file “KasperskyUpdater.exe” and perform the following configuration:
- I am using KIS 2012 so I only download the update files only for KIS 2012
- I enable filters to limit the files to be downloaded for not too large. You could disable this feature if you want updates to all versions of KIS 2012.
note: you can make configuration changes as needed.
4. If the configuration settings are finished, click the “Apply” then “start”
5. Command prompt window will appear and give testimony that the download is in progress.
If you cancel this process or your Internet connection is lost, you can continue it later without having to download again from beginning.
7. Downloaded file is saved in the directory “temp” folder. temp directory is located on KLUpdater.zip extract the folder in step 1.
8. If the download process has completed, then the files in the folder “Temp” folder will be converted to “Updates” folder.
9. If the download has finished, you can perform updates on your KIS 2012 offline by using a source on the folder “updates” are.
Then click “Run update“
Tags: antivirus, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, Offline Updates