Resources For Bloggers, Developers & Designers
Jailbreak Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 5.0.1
There are two ways to jailbreak your iOS 5.0.1 Untethered. If you are already having tethered jailbreak just go to Cydia and search and install Corona 5.0.1. If you want a new jailbreak follow below 3 easy steps.
Your wait is now over if you were waiting for untethered jailbreak for iOS 5/5.0.1. on 27 December 2011 untethered jailbreak has been released by Chronic Dev team and iPhone dev team. Thanks Guys for working hard for us. The new jailbreak will be done using newly released RedSn0w 0.9.10b1 and it supports following devices running iOS 5.0.1:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
Before proceeding to the jailbreak process please note the following important points:
- This jail break is not for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S which will be available soon.
- For jailbreak on iPhone4S and iPad 2 please provide your email below and click Subscribe, so that we can inform you as soon as it is available.
Watch this video before proceeding to the jailbreak:
Steps to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 over iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
1. Update your device with iOS 5 / 5.0.1. Click here to download.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 on your computer.
3. Unzip/extract the RedSn0w downloaded file and open the folder (see below screen). Double click RedSn0w.exe executable file:
4. RedSn0w will run and you will see following screen on your computer.
5. Now connect your iDevice with the computer and turn it off by pushing power button and sliding to power off.
6. Now select “Jailbreak and Install Cydia”
7. Now you need to put your device in DFU mode, before pressing the Next button on next screen make sure your device is turned off and plugged into your computer.
8. Now you have to do the following steps as shown on screen shot. Do whenever these are highlighted while processing.
- Hold Down the Power button for 1 second.
- Without releasing the power button press and hold the Home button (bottom center) for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Press and hold both Power and Home buttons and count 1-10 normally (even if device is On).
- Release Power button and keep Home button pressed until you see any activty on computer screen. Repeat same if no activity observed.
9. Now you will see next screen to install Cydia select the first option “Install Cydia” and click Next. You can select other options also if you need.
7. After the RedSn0w installation is completed you will get a done message. Congratulations Your device is now jailbroken.
Final Step: Now you need boot your device through redsn0w. Start as in step 6 up to step 8 to execute the RedSn0w. Select the Extras and then Just boot. Put your device in DFU mode and your Device will reboot untethered.
If this tutorial works for you please give comments and share with your friends. Subscribe to our updates for keeping yourself updated on jailbreaking and Apple updates.