Resources For Bloggers, Developers & Designers
How to Setup iCloud in iOS5 for iPhone or iPad
Using the iCloud now you can synchronize all of your iDevices with each other including your computer. Also you can activate the new feature “Find my iPhone” that is very useful in case your iPhone is lost, you can find the location of your device, erase your data and lock your iPhone remotely.
Following are the steps to configure the iCloud for iDevices.
1. For using the iCloud you need iOS5 to be installed on your device, if not updated just connect your iDevice to your computer and follow the stepwise process for update using iTunes 10.5.
2. After automatic update to iOS5 device will restart and ask for iCloud settings. If you skipped the setup you can start it by going to Settings > iCloud. Give your username and password for Apple account. Click Merge if you want to upload your contacts and bookmarks.
3. Now allow the iCloud to use the location of your iDevice this enables the iCloud to activate Find My iPhone feature, and find your lost device on a map. Click OK.
4. Once you have signed in and activated iCloud now you can customize the settings. Go to Settings > iCloud and you can tap the On/Off switches against available services for enabling or disabling them as per your requirements like mail, contacts and most valuable service “Find my iPhone”.
5. You can enable the backup and storage by clicking option of ” Storage & Backup”, you can turn on the iCloud Backup. This will enable automatic backup of your camera roll, documents, accounts and settings when this iPhone is plugged in, locked and connected to a WiFi.