Resources For Bloggers, Developers & Designers
How To Setup New Website or Blog Using WordPress With Example on Godaddy Hosting
Once you have registered your domain and your hosting account is setup, the very next step is to give your website a life i.e. a webpage or blog post. I know you are keen to put something on your website so that lot of people can visit it and your earning can start, HOLD ON , this is pretty too early to expect this. I always insist to be calm and patient so that you can get real and long lasting success.
It is time to decide about the design, theme or look of your website and doesn’t require much expertise, only follow these steps and your fist page and first blog post will be ready with few minutes.
1. Log in to your godaddy account using the username and password you created while registering the domain. Go to Hosting Tab and Click the Hosting Management as shown below:
2. You will see a new account in hosting under the heading of My Products , click the Setup button at the right of your hosting plan the column name is Control Center.
3. A new Confirmation window will open select the only available options and click Setup and then Close.
4. Wait for few minutes and the button Setup shown at step 2 will now change to Launch click the same button.
5. A new window will open that will contain very much information about your hosting account and related figures etc. No need to worry the following area shall be visible on the right side you only need to click the WordPress link as highlighted below to start the installation process. During the next few steps you shall install a database and necessary files on your hosting server.
8. Give the name to you database for easy identification also give a strong password, please note down all information in your diary for future reference. If you forget it will be very difficult to access your database in future. in normal circumstances you will not need this password but still very important. Click Next
9. Since it is your first domain on this hosting account you can install your files on root directory therefore keep the install directory blank. Click Next.
10. Give admin name and admin password which you shall need on daily basis for routine operation of your website or blog i.e. for adding posts and pages and making changes in design of your blog. Give your active email ID and Title for your blog/website.
Click Finish. Congratulations your website will be up within few minutes.
You will receive an email from WordPress informing that WordPress has been installed successfully.
11. Now you need to see your website just visit your domain and you will see a sample page with the title of your site. Now is the time to customize and put some data or posts on your website. I recommend to generate first page About You so write some introduction about you and your blog your purpose of creating this website and also include your contact information if you like. You can login to your Dashboard by using the following format : http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin, you will see the following login page use the admin name and password you created in step 10.
Our coming posts will guide you How to Create your first page and first post but before you must understand the WordPress Dashboard.